Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I have time in the mornings I bring paddy into my room for cuddles in bed. He loves it but does the funniest thing and I don't know what it means.

It's like I've wound him up literally. He gets on my chest while I'm lying down and starts doing a staccato walk and sound - the sound is not the same as the beak grinding when they're happy, it's more like a click click click click but when he does it he also marches around in a circle, walks backwards, marches up to my face and puts his feet on my nose or one of my lip and kisses me. It's like a toy soldier. I haven't heard him make this noise or do this march except for in the mornings.

He's also started trying to feed me at these times I think and I'm not sure what to do!! The marching thing is very very cute and makes me laugh but I just wonder what on earth he's doing?

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,333 Posts
What

Your little friend is bonding with you like a mate. Our Apollo chatters and sings in my ear or I put him on my finger and feed him millet spray. Then he dances and bows and sings then stretches wings and eventually flies in place on my finger making a very good imitation of a full blast fan.This way you redirect the mating behavior in ways that are acceptable for you. Our little guy really puts inflection on his communication and he perks up and get excited to tell me all about the world of budgie, Little by little I learn to understand some part of the communication, but mostly I am glad that he is feeling encouraged and and chatty. Blessings, Jo Ann:budge::budge:

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
Yes I agree entirely with JoAnn, your little guy has fallen in love with you :eek: How sweet is his display?
Budget does the walking in circles and head bobbing he even Moon walks sometimes !:budgie:

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
I fully agree, it's a sign of affection! :)
I call the sound they make while courting, the low chattering.
They do the "tataratata" sound that can be soon followed by regurgitation, happy head bobbing or their little happy head shaking where they seem to be saying no with their heads to us, it's quite cute really.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I fully agree, it's a sign of affection! :)
I call the sound they make while courting, the low chattering.
They do the "tataratata" sound that can be soon followed by regurgitation, happy head bobbing or their little happy head shaking where they seem to be saying no with their heads to us, it's quite cute really.
Thanks Ana, yes it's the cutest thing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.