Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know what genetice of this fallow budgies is? I got him at Petsmart three days ago. His eyes are red and he have lavender color under his chest. and i can see some yellow dots around his throat. PLEASE HELP

Thanks
Vincent

Attachments

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
to my understanding, fallow budgies are very rare, so it isnt likely that petsmart would have them.

the link i wanted isnt working so i am going to put it in a quote:

The Budgie & Parakeet Place Colors and Mutations Guide: Lutino & Albino (Ino)
Lutino/albino effectively erases all color and markings of a budgie, leaving only the base color (yellow or white). Lutino and albino are the same variety; they are just different names for the same variety in yellow-based budgies and white-based budgies. Lutinos are yellow based budgies,and are all yellow with red/pink eyes. Albinos are white-based budgies and are all white with red/pink eyes. There are two mutations which show up on the lutino/albino. Cinnamon causes the head and wing markings to show up in a light brown color, creating the lacewing variety. Yellowface causes the albino, normally all white, to show different degrees of pale yellow. These budgies are sometimes called creamino. If it is a yellowface type I the yellow will be restricted to the mask area. If it is a yellowface type II, all the albino's feathers will be a creamy off-yellow color. The cere of the male lutino/albino budgie does not change normally. Adult male lutinos/albinos have purple ceres. Adult female lutinos/albinos have the normal white/tan/brown ceres.

Basic Genetics:
Sex-linked (on the x-chromosome)
EDIT: the pictures that go along with it arent working, but the birds have similar coloring to yours

look up "budgie/ parakeet colors and mutations" and go to the link for 'budgie place.com' and look at the lutino/albino link ;)

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
I think Shelly may be onto something. Although it may be possible, it's highly unlikely that Petsmart would have such a rare mutation. It seems like a Creamino to me, not a Fallow, but I'm not sure what the lavender color would be then. :S Hopefully an expert will come along soon and be able to help you better because I'm honestly not quite sure. :)

G

·
Hi Vincent

Your budgie is a creamino with red eyes. A fallow must have cinnamon colour on the wings and also patches of body colour on the rump.

This is a picture of a Fallow, a dominant pied violet budgie.

Notice the body colour (cobalt blue) on the rump.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I just wanna say that finding Fallows at pet shops isn't impossible, as that's where I got mine! Although I DID think she was a lacewing at first...

But yes, this little fella looks like a creamino.

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,157 Posts
:love: Whatever the budgies mutation is, it is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! :love:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I think Shelly may be onto something. Although it may be possible, it's highly unlikely that Petsmart would have such a rare mutation. It seems like a Creamino to me, not a Fallow, but I'm not sure what the lavender color would be then. :S Hopefully an expert will come along soon and be able to help you better because I'm honestly not quite sure. :)
Thanks, That is what got me is the lavender under his chest.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
to my understanding, fallow budgies are very rare, so it isnt likely that petsmart would have them.

the link i wanted isnt working so i am going to put it in a quote:

EDIT: the pictures that go along with it arent working, but the birds have similar coloring to yours

look up "budgie/ parakeet colors and mutations" and go to the link for 'budgie place.com' and look at the lutino/albino link ;)
I had check the mutation of the lutino/albino and the creaminos. but they did not mention about having a third color like my having lavender under his chest. That is what got me lost :S

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hi Vincent

Your budgie is a creamino with red eyes. A fallow must have cinnamon colour on the wings and also patches of body colour on the rump.

This is a picture of a Fallow, a dominant pied violet budgie.

Notice the body colour (cobalt blue) on the rump.
That is what i thought too,then i saw the Japaneses fallow Gallery some of the birds looks like mine.So i dont realy know ?
I think his next molt would tell me more if the lavender gets darker or disappear.
Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.