Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one male that is ready to find a mate. Tut is in my large cage with four females and an older male. The older male is to old to mate so Tut has the run of the roost. Tut is in heaven he is bobbing at everyone and cheeping up a storm. I would like to know what female you think I should match Tut up with? It would also be nice to know that the chicks would look like with each pairing if someone would be so kind to do so. Thanks

#1 Here he is Tut is a sky blue, double dominant pied, yellow face type two
#2 Liberty is a normal, green, single factor grey she is carrying blue and recessive pied
#3 Grace is a green, dominant pied, single factor greyfactor with a pied spot on her head
#4 Ginger is a normal cinnamon, olive green
#5 Athena is a normal skyblue

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would go with either grace or ginger. Both are beautiful birds. Think about who is at their best in terms of the breeding cycle. Or what colour babies you want. Divide tut and the one female colours into three main colours. three for male and three for female. Write out the male's three main colours in one line like this _ and the female's like this | then match the colours abit like you where doing your times tables. This IS NOT a definate answer but may give you a slight clue as to that your chick might turn out like. Remember you can never be 100% sure because mother nature does move in wierd ways!

Hope this helps

·
Registered
861 Posts
Without pedigrees that would show the history of each bird, it is pretty much a guessing game. If you want any blue babies, match him with the blue hen. Otherwise your babies are going to be green......

·
Registered
173 Posts
I vote liberty because she is split for rec.pied ( my fave mutation!)
Shes also split for blue!! And who doesnt like green babies?
Each bird should be treated the same way no matter what color they are, Just like a humans
skin tone....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.