Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skyblue birds have a turquoise colored tail and flight feathers.

Cobalts have navy blue colored tails and flight feathers. Also breast/abdominal feathers have ribbing.

A single factor skyblue has a turquoise colored tail at the quill end, but darkens to blue to the tip, also has turquoise flight feathers. The turqoise is glossier, but slightly darker than a skyblue.

A dark factor skyblues tend to be more satiny in appearance, but in a violet cobalt the violet factor has a slight dulling effect.

A dark factor skyblue has a dark blue with residual pale blue or turquoise at quill end. Also has turqoise colored flight feathers.

In a violet cobalt the tail feathers and flights are bluey violet coluor.

Now I need to find pics to go with this :) So correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Skyblue birds have a turquoise colored tail and flight feathers. Correct

Cobalts have navy blue colored tails and flight feathers. Also breast/abdominal feathers have ribbing. Correct

A single factor skyblue Single factor what? Sky blues are zero dark factor. Are you referring to single factor violet sky blue?has a turquoise colored tail at the quill end, but darkens to blue to the tip, also has turquoise flight feathers. The turqoise is glossier, but slightly darker than a skyblue.

A dark factor skyblues Sky blue + dark factor = cobalt. Are you again meaning to refer to violet sky blue?tend to be more satiny in appearance, but in a violet cobalt the violet factor has a slight dulling effect. It is the dark factor that dulls the colour, adding violet DEEPENS and ENRICHENS the colour

A dark factor skyblue has a dark blue with residual pale blue or turquoise at quill end. Also has turqoise colored flight feathers.

In a violet cobalt the tail feathers and flights are bluey violet coluor. Violet cobalts are usually quite obviously a purpley violet colour - easier to identify than a violet sky blue unless its a double factor violet sky blue which is also very purpley

Now I need to find pics to go with this :) So correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!
Hope this helps somewhat!

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Skyblue birds have a turquoise colored tail and flight feathers. Correct

Cobalts have navy blue colored tails and flight feathers. Also breast/abdominal feathers have ribbing. Correct

A single factor skyblue VIOLET Single factor what? Sky blues are zero dark factor. Are you referring to single factor violet sky blue?has a turquoise colored tail at the quill end, but darkens to blue to the tip, also has turquoise flight feathers. The turqoise is glossier, but slightly darker than a skyblue.

A dark factor skyblues VIOLET Sky blue + dark factor = cobalt. Are you again meaning to refer to violet sky blue?tend to be more satiny in appearance, but in a violet cobalt the violet factor has a slight dulling effect. It is the dark factor that dulls the colour, adding violet DEEPENS and ENRICHENS the colour

In a violet cobalt the tail feathers and flights are bluey violet coluor. Violet cobalts are usually quite obviously a purpley violet colour - easier to identify than a violet sky blue unless its a double factor violet sky blue which is also very purpley

Now I need to find pics to go with this So correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

I thought I had it :rolleyes: seems so hard to wrap my head around!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.