Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
A spangle budgie has the dark markings on it's wings & back reversed. A normal budgie has dark wing feathers with light (white or yellow) edges. A spangle has light wing feathers with dark edges

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Budgies are all Australian. The larger exhibition type were selectively bred in England so they are sometimes referred to as 'English'. This term is very rarely used in England. The term 'American budgie' is a misnomer

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Agreed with Nev! Exhibition budgies are bred to be larger and have puffier feathers on their heads :) (is puffier a word?? lol...more puffy).

For example, he budgie in your siggy is your average 'pet' budgie, and the one in the photo supplied by barrie is the exhibition type (notice the difference in head feathers).

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Agreed with Nev! Exhibition budgies are bred to be larger and have puffier feathers on their heads :) (is puffier a word?? lol...more puffy).

For example, he budgie in your siggy is your average 'pet' budgie, and the one in the photo supplied by barrie is the exhibition type (notice the difference in head feathers).
We just have longer feather Mally

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I've heard that the show budgies can be more chilled or friendly :p
I don't know how true this is though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Laidlaw06 :giggle: I never thought about the accents. but I guess they do because they mimic us!!.. my birds that talk..... all have a southern accent!! :D
trellie!!!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Laidlaw06 :giggle: I never thought about the accents. but I guess they do because they mimic us!!.. my birds that talk..... all have a southern accent!! :D
trellie!!!
That's awesome Trelli. None of mine talk yet, perhaps those of you who do have birds that can talk could set up a thread and post videos and we could hear the budgies of the world

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.