Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bertie is an old bird I got from a couple who had 4 budgies in a tiny cage, it was actually a hamster cage. One of them has died, we had him for a couple of weeks when he got trapped in the porch area of the aviary and when I went in to let him out he panicked and died at my feet. Another one has french moult. Not a good start to my aviary experience.

Anyway, Bertie was given to the couple so we don't have any idea how old he is but he seems pretty old. I think he deserves to know what his mutation is. He is an unusual looking bird. My son says he looks like a zombie budgie because of his eyes. I noticed he has a strange wing pattern and he seems to have patches of colour.

·
Registered
155 Posts
He is a sweetie!

He looks like an opaline light green,probably violet!

Let see what the others think about his mutation!

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Light green opaline is my guess as well,
and quite a handsome fellow :)

Those zombie eyes (that description is going
to stay with me :laughing:) say he is fully
mature, but I can't guess at his age. Then
again, I'm just learning, so let's see if the
experts on the list have a better description
for you :)

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
I agree: Opaline light green.

And yes, sometimes iris rings can give a budgie's eyes a strange appearance. :p

Kudos for rescuing those birds.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone. I will tell Bertie he is an opaline Light green. ;)

I thought he was quite an old bird. He seems wise, not as jumpy as the other birds. He doesn't flap about when I go into the aviary like the others do. He seems to know what toys are, like he has seen them before and he loves the swing, spending most of his time sitting on it. He's a lovely little chap. I wonder what his original name was, wish I knew more of his history. Makes me sad for him, he has been passed around so much. I am his third owner at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.