Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i've been pondering this for a while. I didn't keep good track of the eggs as they were laid and i prob messed some up in the nests. She doesn't look like a Normal green to me, The wing color was to light, But she didn't really look cimmamon to me, lease not compared to lilly. Does the cinnamon markings come in different colors? like really light and pretty dark

The pairs at the time were

Lyla ( Green opaline greywing dom pied ) X Cooper ( cobalt Greywing) Not sure of any splits here
Shilo ( Opaline greying or dilute) X Oscar ( green spangle split cinnamon and blue) His splits are for sure as i know his parents as i bred him

I don't think its posssible for her to be from cooper and lyla but for shy and oscar sure. And the fact that shes a hen makes it more possible to be cinnamon but she didn't have the real red/plum eyes at hatch

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
what colour are the markings inreality, they look a bit grey/brown to me.

at first glance she could be a green greywing which would fit with the first pair.

if cooper is split for cinnamon then she could be a greywing cinnamon, which would explain the different look of her markings compared to normal greywings.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm complicated.
Didn't think of her being a greying cinnamon either. I know Cooper and lyla did produce 2 Yellowface type 2 clearlight greywing pieds

And i also know the second pair could produce cinnamons

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i am not sure whqt you mean by clearlight greywings? the two above look like greywings to me.

if you meant clearwing greywings... a bird with both a clearwing and a greywing gene is called a full bodied greywing, they have greywmarkings like a greywing but full strength body colour and cheek patches like a clearwing. the chicks above are not full bodied grewyings as they have pale body colour.

i think chicken little is either a cinnamon or a greywing cinnamon. nev has more experience with these so may be able to help.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i am not sure whqt you mean by clearlight greywings? the two above look like greywings to me.

if you meant clearwing greywings... a bird with both a clearwing and a greywing gene is called a full bodied greywing, they have greywmarkings like a greywing but full strength body colour and cheek patches like a clearwing. the chicks above are not full bodied grewyings as they have pale body colour.

i think chicken little is either a cinnamon or a greywing cinnamon. nev has more experience with these so may be able to help.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She looks more cinnamon than greywing to me. There can be lot of variation between shades of cinnamon. If she was both cinnamon & greywing I would expect her markings to be lighter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.