Talk Budgies Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am curious to know if anyone knows why the barring on the head looks so patchy? The stripes are not complete...

·
Administrator
55,151 Posts
Your little budgie is a "pied" mutation. :)

Pied definition: having two or more different colors.
"pied dogs from the Pyrenees"
synonyms: parti-colored, multicolored, variegated, black and white, brown and white, piebald, skewbald, dappled, brindle, spotted, mottled, speckled, flecked, pinto, calico, tabby.

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
What

This little guy is also an opaline yellow face so the normal lines on the back of the head are distorted. Need to know parentage but some of those white feathers on the lower neck could be beginning frosting. Are flights and tail all white? is the chest both blue and white bars, Solid no bars or mottled white on blue chest like clouds? Blessings, Jo Ann:budgie:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This little guy is also an opaline yellow face so the normal lines on the back of the head are distorted. :
Thank you :) That answers my question perfectly! I bred him, but I don't know who his parents are - I have never kept records.

Here is a picture of the front of him. He has clear flight feathers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also... does anyone know what mutation has caused his cheek patches to be white? A double factor yellowhead should have some violet in the cheek patches, as far as I know?

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
What

He is a dom pied as opposed to a rec pied or a clear flight or a dutch pied. dom pieds can have a lot of combo cheek patches and they can change with a molt.
He is lovely. You should keep records. especially with beauties like this.Best Wishes, Jo Ann:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts