Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried looking at the pics and info on the site but I still don't really understand the mutation thing. So can you all tell me what Muffin is? Also from reading other posts I think I understand they molt around 4 months old and could change the coloring is that right? I have no clue how old Muffin man is.

I thought he was white and blue with a bit of yellow with I got him but he really seems to be losing the white and is now just a really light yellow.
TIA
Dusty

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
I think Muffin is a yellow face type I sky blue recessive pied budgie. He is such a cute and handsome little fellow! :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think muffin is a yellow face type II (coz its spreading to its body) skyblue recessive pied :) not to sure though.....

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
I concur with the above. YFII Sky Blue Recessive Pied. He is gorgeous :D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Your Muffin is a Yellowface Mutant 1 Recessive Pied Skyblue.
Yellow spreads into the wings even in cases of Yellowface mutant 1 budgies, not just for the Mutant 2. I have had YF1s that were pretty yellow all over the wings and tail. :)

He will not show the typical age change through his eyes and cere, but considering the stripes on his head, he might be around 2-4 months old.

Budgies do moult usually around 4 months of age, but it's not a certainty.

I've had 6 budgies in the same clutch who began their first moult at the age of 2 months, and their irises changed colour at mere 6 weeks of age, which does not usually happen before the age of 5 months.

You will not see iris rings in his eyes under normal lighting ever, nor his cere colour will change much.

Regardless, he's beautiful. Congrats :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I really need to learn budgie mutations, because whenever somebody asks, all I can say is how cute their budgie is!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
When Yellowface I budgies are also pied, pale yellow shows through in the pied areas, which can make some people think that thye really have a Yellowface II.
Muffin is a gorgeous little Yellowface I Sky Blue Recessive Pied. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I was wondering about the age too appreciate it. I think he might be molting but I need to look up more info on exactly what it entails. all I know is there are tiny white feathers everywhere currently.

·
Registered
176 Posts
(I didn't check what others thought, so taking a guess but remember I'm new.)

I think yellowface type 1, sky blue recessive pied. And gorgeous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.