Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,787 Posts
Wow, he has stunning colours! :)
I think he is a yellowface type II sky blue dominant pied spangle budgie.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gosh that was a quick reply haha! And a bit of a mouthful! Thankyou :)

I have him in a breeding cage with my YF DF Spangle (I think). Any idea what they might produce?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Very pretty budgies!

I've been messing around with the budgie breeding calculator trying to figure out breeding combinations for my own birds, I've gotten pretty good at it but the calculator is pretty complicated! I haven't figured out how to differentiate between YF I and YF II but the results for your pair were:

25.0% 0.1 bl.yellowface spangle(df)
25.0% 0.1 bl.yellowface (Aus)pied(sf) spangle(df)
25.0% 0.1 bl.yellowface spangle(sf)
25.0% 0.1 bl.yellowface (Aus)pied(sf) spangle(sf)

aus pied = dominant pied

being the same percentages for both male and female chicks

EDIT: Don't forget this is only for visual colours/mutations, without knowing what hidden genes your birds might be carrying it's not 100% accurate

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Very pretty budgies!

I've been messing around with the budgie breeding calculator trying to figure out breeding combinations for my own birds, I've gotten pretty good at it but the calculator is pretty complicated! I haven't figured out how to differentiate between YF I and YF II but the results for your pair were:

25.0% 0.1 bl.yellowface spangle(df)
25.0% 0.1 bl.yellowface (Aus)pied(sf) spangle(df)
25.0% 0.1 bl.yellowface spangle(sf)
25.0% 0.1 bl.yellowface (Aus)pied(sf) spangle(sf)

aus pied = dominant pied

being the same percentages for both male and female chicks

EDIT: Don't forget this is only for visual colours/mutations, without knowing what hidden genes your birds might be carrying it's not 100% accurate
I have been looking for a budgie color (mutation) calculator, where can I find it?

and yes, both budgies are stunning!
Beautiful Dom.Pied YFII SF spangle male!!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I have been looking for a budgie color (mutation) calculator, where can I find it?

and yes, both budgies are stunning!
Beautiful Dom.Pied YFII SF spangle male!!
Sorry for the late reply, the genetic calc is at http://www.gencalc.com/gen/eng_genc.php?sp=0Budg

If you need any help figuring it out, I can try to answer questions. I'm by no means an expert but there's no tutorial for it on the page and it's not always self explanatory.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Thanks!!:p

I dont know how it works, what is 1.0 and 0.1?
and what is dark, blue and blue II?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Thanks!!:p

I dont know how it works, what is 1.0 and 0.1?
and what is dark, blue and blue II?
Didn't see your question until now, in case you still need to know

1.0 is **** and 0.1 is hen

if its a yellow based budgie (green) and don't check blue but if it's a white based budgie (blue) you check blue, if its light green or sky blue you don't check dark but if it's green or cobalt you check one dark and for olive, mauve you check 2 dark. I haven't figured out what blue II is yet, sort of bothers me actually haha

·
Registered
63 Posts
He is gorgeous, both or them are.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Didn't see your question until now, in case you still need to know

1.0 is **** and 0.1 is hen

if its a yellow based budgie (green) and don't check blue but if it's a white based budgie (blue) you check blue, if its light green or sky blue you don't check dark but if it's green or cobalt you check one dark and for olive, mauve you check 2 dark. I haven't figured out what blue II is yet, sort of bothers me actually haha
Thank you very much!!:budge:

I am gonna try this now :)

·
Super Moderator
1,572 Posts
Huh. I had a look at thier website and I dind't see any "SPECTACULAR" budgies. Yes, they are pretty, but they aren't anything special that other owner on here don't already have.

I kind of feel like making a random phone call just to see what thier prices are...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just an update :) This is their oldest baby now

I'm not sure if it's my eyes, but the darker feathers coming through actually look dark green rather than black... so pretty excited to see what he turns out looking like!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
What an amazing little fellow. He's absolutely gorgeous! :love:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.