Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Born2Bfree, bred2Bcaptive
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Confused as to what this (recessive pied) mutation is called.
His markings are not black, more like faint greyish. His eyes are black.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
How old is he? Just curious. He doesn't have much body color or wing pattern. He maybe a mix of recessive pied and dominant pied. A recessive pied birds will never develop iris rings as the birds mature. Male's ceres stay purple and never get bright blue. From what I can see he looks like a light green, recessive pied, dominant pied, greywing.

·
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is at most 4 months old.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The only mutations that are clearly present are dominant pied, greywing and green

He could also be recessive pied OR he could have another dominant pied factor and be a double factor dominant pied. The only way to be sure which would be to breed from him

·
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Bridget and Nev.
I took a few more pics, outdoors this time, and will post them soon, because he does not have any markings on wings.

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
The only mutations that are clearly present are dominant pied, greywing and green

He could also be recessive pied OR he could have another dominant pied factor and be a double factor dominant pied. The only way to be sure which would be to breed from him
Thank you Bridget and Nev.
I took a few more pics, outdoors this time, and will post them soon, because he does not have any markings on wings.
Double factor dominant pieds wipe out most or all black markings: http://www.***************/colorsguide.html#dominantpied. And recessive pieds wipe out a lot of black markings: http://www.***************/colorsguide.html#recessivepied. Which is why Nev speculated either DF DP or combined DP-RP. If he never develops iris rings (an RP trait), then he's probably combined DP-RP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.