Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I couldn't decide what mutation my budgie is.. What do you think about her mutation??

Grey iris ring can be seen on the photo below.

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
What a beauty. I would love to see that bird in person. Just when you think you have seen it all......
Rick

·
Registered
694 Posts
Wow, that's a surprise. I want to try and breed one now :D Does it take specific genetics Lindsey, or is it just something that happens?

Actually, that could also explain the pale blue spots on one of my DF spangles...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have a candidate male for this female when she is ready for chicks. But I couldn't find much info about two yellowfaces' chicks. The male in the photos below is i think yf type 2?? like female budgie. Also could you tell me about possible body colour expectations?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think that male is a yellow face opaline sky blue. I don't think he is type two, because his wings are white rather than yellow.

As for expectations, it depends on what the DF spangle is hiding and if she is split to anything. But I think you'd find yourself with all yellowface spangle blue chicks. The boys would be split for opaline and the girls would be opaline.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The female chicks will be opaline spangle and the males will spangle (unless the hen is masking opaline)

50% will be single factor yellow face
25% double factor yellow face
25% white face

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Your hen is a DF Spangle so all the babies will be spangles. Both birds YF - all the babies will be YF - if they are of the same type (I think so). Both birds are blue - all the babies will be blue. Your **** is an Opaline - all the hens will be Opaline. Put it all together and you might get a YF blue spangle Opaline - a very lovrly bird.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The male budgie's body colour seems like sea-green and that is why i think he may be a yellow face type 2. (I added the photo again below). Yf type 2, blue, spangle, opaline; as Dries said, that is what I expect when they give chicks. Not rainbows exactly but they may look like them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.