Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Hmm that is interesting, it looks like she had a lot of grey in her? Hopefully someone will come along soon that can confirm for you :)

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
I see what you're talking about. Her rump and upper chest look cobalt to me. Her cheek patches aren't right for a grey. Very interesting.

·
Darling, what if you fly?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Is this a good thing? Like... she'll show violet or just have a violet factor? I know about 1% when it comes to mutations...

Edit: I think I mean will it be visual?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Is this a good thing? Like... she'll show violet or just have a violet factor? I know about 1% when it comes to mutations...

Edit: I think I mean will it be visual?
I love violets in all forms... so I think it is a good thing :giggle:

Violet, which is a color adding factor to whatever dark factors the budgie is (sky, cobalt or mauve) deepens and intensifies after they have their first molt :) The changes you are seeing are because the violet factor is becoming more visually noticeable... does that make sense, or answer your question? :)

·
Darling, what if you fly?
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, she'll be more violet? I'm hoping yes and asking for a definite answer so I can brag to my mom who wants a visual violet :D

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
So, she'll be more violet? I'm hoping yes and asking for a definite answer so I can brag to my mom who wants a visual violet :D
Lol! Yes she should be visually violet to an extent, but a cobalt shows violet the best and that is when you see the bright completely purple color :) Mauve violets are often more deep purple/grey.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.