·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI!
:S:S
Help
:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:
im confused about mutations and what are spangles. sorry if i miss spell stuff :) can you tell me what they are because i think spangles are blue? and what dose pied me?:S can you please write me the name and the colour.

e.g Spangle Blue

I would really appreciate it

Thank you :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
The natural color of a budgie in the wild is green and yellow with black on the wings. Any variation to that is caused by genetic mutations that are brought out in the breeding process. Over the years, breeders have cultivated many different colors and patterns. These are the mutations that are discussed in the forum. Some of the different mutations are spangle, pied, etc. Read the information that Dean suggested and that will help you identify the various mutations.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hello,

Theres a thread about budgie mutations & genetics in the forum stickies.

Violet Spangle Yellow face

Opaline cinnamon/grey wing Yellow face

Dominant pied opaline violet factor. ( the dot on the back oh head means dominant. if there was no dot it would be recessive pied)

Recessive pied sky blue

left: Sly blue yellow face spangle

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Spangle
Their marking on their wings are 'back to front'. Normal budgies have black feathers with white edges on the wings. But spangles have white feathers with black edges (some times edges will appear grey)

Pies
There are different types of pies.
A pied is a budgies with either white of yellow (depending on the base colour) feathers. Mostly a band across the chest.

The most common pied is the ;

domiant pied
they do have an iris ring and no markings on the flight feathers

Double factor pied
These will have much nore clear areas on the body. They do have an iris ring and no marking on the flight feathers

Recessive pieds
these are more blotchey than the others. They do not have an iris ring and do have markings on their flight feathers

clear flight pieds

only their flight feathers are clear. they do have an iris ring and do not have marking on their flight feathers, just clear feathers

are just a combonation of the two

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.