Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked this a million times but have been confused again because Oscar has various patches one his tail and head which lead me to believe he is a pied or split for pied and he also has black wing markings which makes me think he is spangle and then he might be a dilute because the whole of his neck markings have gone and the the bottom of his wings are light black and the head marking are dark green!

I am sorry I can't get a photo of his wings, head patch and tail because he is in bed and he does not like his photo taken - sorry

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
I have asked this a million times but have been confused again because Oscar has various patches one his tail and head which lead me to believe he is a pied or split for pied and he also has black wing markings which makes me think he is spangle and then he might be a dilute because the whole of his neck markings have gone and the the bottom of his wings are light black and the head marking are dark green!

I am sorry I can't get a photo of his wings, head patch and tail because he is in bed and he does not like his photo taken - sorry
Just from that picture I would say he is a Yellowface type 2 Spangle Clearflight pied, a picture of his back would be very helpful though :)

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Here we go

He is defo spangle, I can not decide if he is also Opaline though, it is the one mutation I really get stuck on lol Opaline Spangles, don't suppose you know the parents?

If you can get one at some point a picture of the back including the neck would be really helpful :)

·
Registered
930 Posts

dillute spangle light green yellow face................ :S:S:S
dont know :D
im not that good at mutations and this is way out of my league:D

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i would have said skyblue or cobalt spangle yf 2 split for rec pied.... i am not convinced there is any other pied there. sometimes spangles have very little markings on the flights feathers, and the patchy markings on the shoulders...

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i would have said skyblue or cobalt spangle yf 2 split for rec pied.... i am not convinced there is any other pied there. sometimes spangles have very little markings on the flights feathers, and the patchy markings on the shoulders...
The patches are not on his shoulders or flights but on his tail and head??? I did think split for recessive pied too but I am not sure???

This marking runs up his tail

And his head

He also has a pure green body but at the bottom of his body he is blue

Also isn't he clearflight because of the clear flight feathers

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He is a yellow face blue spangle. He is not any type of pied and he is not opaline or dilute. The dark marking on spangles vary considerably. Many spangles have frosting on the rump & base of the tail. The head spot could mean that he is split for recessive pied but spangles often have a head spot that means nothing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.