Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is sky? i know nothing about mutations so i was wandering what she is. i got sky from petsmart so i know nothing about the parents but any info or thoughts on her/his color would be great

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is a yellow face type 1 is there different looks of yellow face ? and thank you she seems to be settling in well

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
yellow face type 1 means it only stays in the face, type 2 means the yellow spreads throughout the body :) For example, Julio is a yellow face type 2, his head and wings are yellow, and it makes the grey on his chest look more like a stormy blue. If he was a type 1, only his face would be yellow, his wings would be white, and his grey would be more rich and darker :) (I wonder what he would actually look like? :p )

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
And on your bird a yf2 would turn the body a seagreen at first molt :).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yf type I skyblue dominant pied :)

Here is an example of yf type I and II :
This is one of my hens, Daisy, when she was young. She looks like a yf type I because the yellow is only on her head, and hasn't seeped into her body feathers.

This is her now after her first moult. This photo doesn't really show it, but her feather were just getting their green tinge to them. She is much more green now.

You can also see how the main colour in her wings are yellow. This is because she is a double factor spangle. If she was a single factor spangle, the main colour would be white, but because yf has seeped into her wings as well, she is double factor. So over all, Daisy is a yellowface type II double factor grey spangle.
Hope this helps,

Nicola

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you i belive sky coloration is a bit more complacated than flower he is just a recessive pied lol i get the hang of it eventually :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hello..((You can also see how the main colour in her wings are yellow. This is because she is a double factor spangle. If she was a single factor spangle, the main colour would be white, but because yf has seeped into her wings as well, she is double factor. So over all, Daisy is a yellowface type II double factor grey spangle.))
Daisy is a yellowface type 2 single factor grey spangle..The yellow is a wash over the body from the yellow face factor.A single factor spangle shows the wing makings(that your's dose) and a double factor spangle is white.Single or double factor spangle dosn't matter as the yellow will wash over either.If this was a double factor spangle and bred to a normal you would get all spangles but in this case no you would get normals and spangles and of coarse some yellow faces.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
This is him :)

He is such a little scaredy cat now, I can't tell if his wings are yellow too or just dirty :eek: He is such a little cutie though!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
before they clipped sky wings the flight feathers looked like the might have yellow in them but i was not sure if it was the light she was under or what

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.