Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious. I think she's an abino, but that's as far as I've figured it. I don't know if the pictures show it, but she does have red eyes. These are all the pictures I have of her; she's a bit frightened of the camera. And by a bit I mean very.

Thaanks <3

·
Registered
930 Posts
looks like a creamino to me ,whatever it is it is NOT albino :) to much yellow ,and it's not lutino ,too much white
so there for i come to the conclusion creamino (yellow face albino in short)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yeah, I think its creamino too then.
From what I understand yes, albinos can hide some mutations, I'm not sure what though.
they can but i don't think it shows in a physical form ,it's more 'hidden' in there gentics and you need to breed them to find out what they are 'hiding' /masking :)

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Ok she is a Yellowface Albino.

She could be masking any number of mutations, such as pied, opaline etc. These would not be hidden in her genes but simply being masked, as in if she was not a Yf Albino if she was say a skyblue and was Opaline you would be able to see by looking at her she was Opaline.

I hope this makes sense. But the only way to know what she is masking is by breeding.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
yep, definitely a yf albino, so you were correct she is an albino.

the ino gene removes all the melanin so all dark colours are lost, so she could be any other variety too (except cinnamon) but the markings are removed so you can't tell by looking. the other varieties are not really hidden, just 'masked' by the fact that the melanin has been prevented from showing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.