Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
Yes, I can see your pink text, but I still can't see the question in your first post because the text is light blue. :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

the colour of the cheek patches depends on the variety, some have silvery and some have various shades of violet and some have a mix of both... but all budgies have cheek patches!

·
Optimus Prime
4,046 Posts
well im not really sure what answer you are looking for. the only difference is that they are different colous. i think they all have cheek patches (lol a bit random but i usedto think sodapop was the only one who had them). the colour of them depends on the mutation of the budgie. normal is blue or purplish. to be honest they all look blue to me but ive read things that say they are purple so whatever. and then i believe the white ones are mostly all yellow budgies that have them.

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi there,

the colour of the cheek patches depends on the variety, some have silvery and some have various shades of violet and some have a mix of both... but all budgies have cheek patches!
one of my budgies has one cheek patch on one side none on the other

·
Registered
2,273 Posts

one of my budgies has one cheek patch on one side none on the other
well that would be different! :) are you sure it doesn't have a violet cheek patch on one side and a white cheek patch on the other side of a white face? the cheek patch feathers are different to the surrounding ones so should be visible with a close look...

can you post a picture so we can see?

i love the picture of the budgies landing on the hand!!!:D:D:D

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Everyone is different
some budgies have black spots , others purple , white , grey or 2 different colors some even have some on one cheek and none on the other ( ex: My Chibi-Chibi )

The color of the spot depends on the mutation

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well that would be different! :) are you sure it doesn't have a violet cheek patch on one side and a white cheek patch on the other side of a white face? the cheek patch feathers are different to the surrounding ones so should be visible with a close look...

can you post a picture so we can see?

i love the picture of the budgies landing on the hand!!!:D:D:D
One side

Other side =]

wow I've never notice he does't even have dots on the one side =P

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool :). He has one blue (violet?) patch and one white (you can barely make out the outline). No throat spots on one side either. He is a pied, maybe that has something to do with it?

Somewhat unrelated, but I have a guinea pig who has completely different markings on each side of her face/body.
i have another bird with 2 differ colors ones violet and one white =]

·
Optimus Prime
4,046 Posts
omg that is so weird! in a cool way of course :). i never knew that could happen!

EDIT: i have heard of half green half blue budgies though. thry look so cool i want one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.