Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i need some help. I am curious about mutations! i can tell you about every zebra finch mutation, and cockatiel mutation like the back of my hand, but now that i am getting a budgie(he/she is five weeks old TODAY!!! has not fledged yet as far as i know) I would like to know mutations and differences!
What is the difference between dominant pied and ressesive pied?
What is the difference between goldenface and yellowface?
How do you know if your baby is a yellow face type 2 or 1? isn't it if the yellow affects the whole body but the bird is white based, that they are type two? and if it only affects the face, type one?
I would also like to know the mutation of my soon to be little budgie!(cherrie curry if female, Mint or Zander if male)
What does the dot on the cheek patch mean?
Here is the picture of him,same pic as a previous post, and pic of his parents
i know it is blurry

Parents-mother-yf2 cinnamon or dilute? greywing??

Parents-father-normal blue male, split to pied??

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi sorry I have no idea about mutations they only two i deffently Know a bout are lutinos as Squeak was one and Albinos as Lilly is one. I think Bubble was a Green spangled but dont quote me on that. I am sure someone will be able to help you out.:eek:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know what mutation he/she is? and how to tell the differences of the others?
I think he has a single dark factor, yellowface type 2..

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The chick is a yellow face sky blue. It will be the same yellow face type as it's mother and she looks like a type 1 in these pictures.

The website that Bridget posted shows the differences in mutations

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The baby fledged!!! I'm sure she is a female! it appears to have purple with a white ring, but it is very light. it looks like i have my Cherie curry!
I'm also sure she is a type two now, she is a green color, almost this color but more bluish. So i am pretty sure she is a type two.
especially on the stomach. She as these huge eyes!!! and her face is a very viberant yellow and the white on her wings are not completely white either, they are more of a beigish yellow. I will get pics ASAP!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.