Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have bought yellow budgie from Petsmart store. I am not sure about it's gender and it's age. I have also noticed his/her eye color looks red. Can someone please let me the Gender, Age and budgie breed name?

Thank you,

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,590 Posts
As mentioned above, you have a Lutino budgie! This is the name of the mutation, not the breed. Breed refers to the type of bird it is, not the mutation that causes its color ;) I believe he is male but because the photos are a bit grainy it’s hard to tell. Is there any way you can get a clearer photo?

Also, I see another budgie in one of the photos. Did you get him at the same time? If not, you should have quarantined the new bird from your current birds for at least 40 days to ensure there is no spread of disease.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As mentioned above, you have a Lutino budgie! This is the name of the mutation, not the breed. Breed refers to the type of bird it is, not the mutation that causes its color ;) I believe he is male but because the photos are a bit grainy it’s hard to tell. Is there any way you can get a clearer photo?

Also, I see another budgie in one of the photos. Did you get him at the same time? If not, you should have quarantined the new bird from your current birds for at least 40 days to ensure there is no spread of disease.
Thank you so much for the great information. Yes I bought the other budgie at the same time from petsmart. Let me get the another photo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hello please find few more pics of my yellow budgie

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much for confirming 👍. Currently they are big flight cage.
Item Dimensions LxWxH
31 x 20.5 x 53 inches.

And can we tell the age of these budgies? At what age budgies start mating ? Petsmart agent told they are young but not sure exact age.

·
Administrator
57,347 Posts
Budgies can begin mating when they are just a few months old so you must be extremely on top of things to prevent mating.

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Rearranging their cage frequently will help tremendously.
Please be sure you never put a nest box or anything that could be used as a nesting site in their cage.
When they come into condition, limit the light they get to 8 hours a day and limit the amount of protein in their diet at that time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.