Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Budgie Nut
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the mutation of this little fella? You can't tell too well from the pics, bit his belly is a very light bluey/grey. You can see the rest of him. I did ask in my other post but thought i would ask here as well! Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks like a yellowface mauve opaline to me. Were I to guess, I'd say it carries a violet factor as well.

Now - lets see what the REAL experts have to say!

·
Budgie Nut
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankyou! Yes - he is very pretty! Can't wait to get him :loveeyes:

·
Registered
214 Posts
This is a yellow-face type 2nd opaline mauve, in juvenile plumage, as it plumage turn greyish green after post juvenile moult.

This may not carry violet factor as body were not strongly purplish grey and I cannot see the purple colour in front of shoulder.

Looks like a yellowface mauve opaline to me. Were I to guess, I'd say it carries a violet factor as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
This is a yellow-face type 2nd mauve opaline, in juvenile plumage, as it plumage turn greyish green after post juvenile moult.
When this baby budgie is in 1st adult plumage at age of 8 months old, the body will be greyish green, with mauve colour confined to belly and underside wing coverts...see the first photo of wing.
See the photoes.

This may not carry violet factor as body were not strongly purplish grey and I cannot see the purple colour in front of shoulder.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.