Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It's hard to be sure of the green ones mutation, I can't be sure if it's cinnamon or greywing. Can you post a closer picture

·
3,676 Posts
Opaline cinnamon dark green hen & greywing sky blue ****

The hen's 2 mutations are both sex-linked and the ****'s mutation is recessive so unless the birds are carrying genes for their partner's mutation you won't get chicks that look like either of them.

If the hen is not split for blue the chicks will all be green based, about half each of light and dark green. If she is split for blue you will get sky blue and cobalt as well.

Most pet budgies are split for other mutations so you could get some surprises

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Opaline cinnamon dark green hen & greywing sky blue ****

The hen's 2 mutations are both sex-linked and the ****'s mutation is recessive so unless the birds are carrying genes for their partner's mutation you won't get chicks that look like either of them.

If the hen is not split for blue the chicks will all be green based, about half each of light and dark green. If she is split for blue you will get sky blue and cobalt as well.

Most pet budgies are split for other mutations so you could get some surprises
Thanks Nev,

To breed rainbows to what type of hen should i mate the grey wing

·
3,676 Posts
Thanks Nev,

To breed rainbows to what type of hen should i mate the grey wing
To breed rainbows you should have a clearwing not a greywing.

To produce a rainbow the clearwing should be mated to a yellow face blue opaline. Then save a yellow face blue male chick and mate it to another clearwing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.