Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the best shot of Tink I've managed to get so far:

His coloration seems weird to me, but may be quite normal. His head, neck, and back are an almost purple color but his entire underside is a bright sky blue with white patches. From the white spot on his neck I assume he is a dominant pied (which also matches with the coloration on his chest) but I wasn't sure beyond that.

His wings are also different from each other. One has typical budgie pattern all the way to the tips while the one shown here is half white.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Opaline cinnamon dominant pied violet (or possibly opaline greywing dominant pied violet)

The absence of markings on the head & shoulders show opaline

The colour of the wing markings & dilution of the body colour show cinnamon or greywing (brown or grey?)

The clear flight feathers and body patches show the dominant pied

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Violet! That's the color I was trying to think of to describe his back and neck! I was scrounging through memory trying to find it and missed :)

His markings are far more gray than brown but I have trouble getting good enough light to show it. I was just surprised at the variety of colors on him. When we got him (from the local bin o' budgies) we thought he was all a light blue, but as he molted he got the neatest variety on him.

Thanks for the help all :)
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.