Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Albino maybe. Lets see what the experts have to say. He's gorgeous. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I seem to see slight spangling, I wonder if she's a double factor spangle. She's very beautiful! Can you have a spangle Albino I wonder?

Rena

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She looks albino in the pictures. Often you can see faint markings on albinos

It is possible that she is a lightly marked lacewing. If she is the markings will become more prominent after her first molt

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Does a lacewing have red eyes?
From what I read, Lacewings are albino and lutino budgies that show the cinnamon mutation as the albinism isn't able to mask it, which is why the lacewings are albino or lutino budgies, and have red eyes.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
That's how I have it as well. I got excited because I have a yellow bird with cinnamon markings, but it doesn't have red eyes. Maybe it is a green cinnamon spangle. Will start athread to show the baby.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
A Lacewing will have red eyes and cinnamon markings.

These are some of my Lacewings:

As a chick - notice the cinnamon tail feathers and the faint cinnamon markings:

After her first moult

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A Lacewing will have red eyes and cinnamon markings.
I see...but it's slightly hard for me to compare that with Vanilla, because I surely see stripes, but they seem grey on the wings (the stripes aren't distributed all over the wing, just in portions of it like dominant pieds maybe, hard to see clearly).

So what do you think about Vanilla's mutation?

Your lacewings' stripes are definitely darker than Vanilla's.

Beautiful pictures by the way, thanks for sharing :D

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Amelia, your lacewings are gorgeous!!!:love:
Thank you, it's one of my favourite mutations :)

I see...but it's slightly hard for me to compare that with Vanilla, because I surely see stripes, but they seem grey on the wings (the stripes aren't distributed all over the wing, just in portions of it like dominant pieds maybe, hard to see clearly).

So what do you think about Vanilla's mutation?

Your lacewings' stripes are definitely darker than Vanilla's.

Beautiful pictures by the way, thanks for sharing :D
To me she looks like an Albino, she could be a marked albino where they have some markings showing through, it could also be how the feathers are sitting and how the light is hitting them giving the appearance of markings. From what I can see she does not have a cinnamon tail or any sign of cinnamon throat spots which indicate a Lacewing.

You should be able to tell for sure once she moults out, Lacewing markings darken as they moult.

She is gorgeous either way :)

and thank you :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.