Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post on this forum, I have given up on another forum because certain people can't give me a polite answer on the one I'm leaving not everyone but just a specific person on the site who answers a lot of peoples questions...anyway, I was wondering what mutsations my birds are I was told my male is a pied...that's all I was told I would like to know a lot more like what maks him a pied, and how it is different from others, my female I was never told. here are some pictures.

Male is Green Female is Blue

Male had his wings clipped and they are growing back slowly though on one side he has one long flight feather and it is a sloid yellow no other markings on it.

Female

This picture isn't of the best quality but I thought her wings were REALLY pretty was wondering if there was anything special about them.

:budgie:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also my male has a small patch on the back of his head where there are no bars it's just a patch of solid yellow.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
you have lovely birds there. The green one is a yellow face. That's all I know!:p The expertz can help you more though

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
I don't know much about budgie mutations, but welcome to TB! :D

There are tons of nice people on here who could help.

·
Heavy Metal Pirate
5,493 Posts
First male green is a normal Lightgreen yf2 (I think, correct me if needed...)
Female blue is a normal Cobalt (I think, the colours differ in each picture)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Female blue is a normal Cobalt (I think, the colours differ in each picture)
Don't know the last one, sorry :[
the very last picture and the one of the patch of feathers on the males head are from a lower quality camera and colours are not true to life neither bird has a dark or grey factor female is sky blue male is light green, thats all i know though

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Well first.. welcome to the forum! :wave:

Since you are positive that they have no dark factors then this is what their mutations are:

Male is a light green normal split for recessive pied (that's why he has that spot on the back of his head)

Female is a skyblue normal

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Welcome to talk budgies, I think you got your answer :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well first.. welcome to the forum! :wave:

Since you are positive that they have no dark factors then this is what their mutations are:

Male is a light green normal split for recessive pied (that's why he has that spot on the back of his head)

Female is a skyblue normal
Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome to the funny farm! :D

The green one is a yellow face.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but... I don't believe yellowface is used when referring to a normal green.
http://www.***************/c_yellowface.html

This link will help too:
http://www.***************/c_basecolor.html

Oh really? That is cool. I thought a clear spot on the back of the head meant dominant pied, and that somewhere on the belly could just be one tiny clear feather and it'd still be dom pied. Budgie genetics are so complicated, it's fun to learn about.

·
Registered
936 Posts
welcome to TB!! your two budgies are cuties!! your female reminds me of a hen i had years ago called Opal.
i agree with Corina on the colours and mutation.
I also agree with what Angela said above, i don't believe yellowface is used when referring to a normal green.

·
Registered
540 Posts
:welcome: What kind of birds?- 2 beautiful ones that's all I know :D (sorry no good with mutations myself - tried to learn but had a mutations overload :p)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:welcome: What kind of birds?- 2 beautiful ones that's all I know :D (sorry no good with mutations myself - tried to learn but had a mutations overload :p)
Awee thankyou!! When I went to get them they both stood out to me, my female, when the person stuck his hnd in the cage to grab a bird all of the other's flew away but she just kept running back and forth on the pirch ducking out of his reach :p so I chose her.

My Male was sitting on the perch away from all of the others and whenever he tried going over a bunch of them pecked at him until he ran away, I also thought his 'bald spot' as I call it although it's just the solid patch of feathers, was really cute!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Awee thankyou!! When I went to get them they both stood out to me, my female, when the person stuck his hnd in the cage to grab a bird all of the other's flew away but she just kept running back and forth on the pirch ducking out of his reach :p so I chose her.

My Male was sitting on the perch away from all of the others and whenever he tried going over a bunch of them pecked at him until he ran away, I also thought his 'bald spot' as I call it although it's just the solid patch of feathers, was really cute!!
aww bless her, I bet she thought she was being really clever and then she got taken for it anyway - but to a good home so all is ok :D

And bless him - that's so nice of you to take him and make sure he has a happy home - I always feel so sorry for the birds that are left out!

Budgies are the best :)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Welcome AA to TB

Im hopeless at mutations I don't even attempt them LOL They are beautiful Well done

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.