Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thank you kindly for your answer. Now one last question for today since I`ve seen it here and there. Can you tell what kind of budgie I have or should I put this in another post?

Here is a pic again.

(this is the only side shot I have at the moment as Limonade likes to view the world upside down most of the time......by the way is this normal?)

If this question should go in a new post, could you kindly transfer it please and let me know where you put it? Thank you kindly Brandon.

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
Hi there, I moved this question to Budgie Genetics and Budgie Mutations, a subforum of Budgie Breeding:)

I am really having a hard time figuring out the mutation of your budgie. I would let one of the mutation experts answer this, too hard for me:p

·
Born2Bfree, bred2Bcaptive
2,887 Posts
I know what kind of budgie you have. ;) A very adorable one, that's for sure

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your answers so far. I couldn`t find the post so I think I posted it again...woooops...I`ll go check for answers there. :) thank you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi Corina. I don`t know what that means at all but I have searched to find out how one might acquire this information and this is what I found.

Is this kind of information correct?

http://www.geocities.com/budgies74/budgietypes.htm

Thank you again for replying. :)

Thank you everyone else for replying as well. Will await more posts cause I love to read everyone`s views. :)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Hi Corina. I don`t know what that means at all but I`ll try to look it up so I can learn how you figured that out. :) Thank you again for replying. :)

Thank you everyone else for replying as well. Will await more posts cause I love to read everyone`s views. :)
No problem. I'm still learning all about mutations.
Try this link: http://www.***************/colorsguide.html

It helped me learn much of what I know :)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Its a golden face opaline dilute of some sort. The body colour is whats gettin me. Its definately golden face, definately opaline. Its definately a dilute variety, but without knowing what the base colour should be (if you were to remove the dilute effect) its hard to say whether it is a dilute mauve or cobalt or some such.

Nev might have better luck since he has some dilutes i believe.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Dean and thank you for your reply. When you look at my budgie, she almost seems like a greenish grey underneath with the slightest bit of pale yellow on the outside. I`m not explaning it very well but I thought it might help. :) Thank you.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Type 2 yellow face greywing grey. Can't see any opaline and the yellow is not bright enough for golden face

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I disagree, the dilution (greywing) will affect the goldenface colour and the patchyness in yellow spillage is more common in goldenfaces than yellow face type twos. It is possible, but im not convinced.

As far as opaline goes, is it possible to get a better picture or pictures?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Budgie type

Hello everyone. I will take more photos today and try to get a better closeup and post it. Thank you.:budgie:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.