Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all u great ppl here I now know that my budgie Alfie is a cobalt recessive pied spangle. I need ur help again though! Could anyone identify what sort of budgie Herbie is? Thanks! :)

Attachments

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
It's a good thing Nev came along because I would have said yellow face 2 normal sky blue. :p

What happened to his flight feathers? They look as though they've been chopped off. I'm concerned his wing bones were affected. (Or perhaps I'm just a worrywart.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a good thing Nev came along because I would have said yellow face 2 normal sky blue. :p

What happened to his flight feathers? They look as though they've been chopped off. I'm concerned his wing bones were affected. (Or perhaps I'm just a worrywart.)
Funny you should say that-I thought that too myself. The breeder I got him from said he clipped his wings but maybe he didn't do it right? He is flying normally though but it looks like something isn't quite right, especially when I compare him to my older budgie. Will they grow back?

·
5,435 Posts
Funny you should say that-I thought that too myself. The breeder I got him from said he clipped his wings but maybe he didn't do it right? He is flying normally though but it looks like something isn't quite right, especially when I compare him to my older budgie. Will they grow back?
They'll grow back so long as the breeder did not cut off any bones.

He's a cutie!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
That was my opinion as well!! If I can't even identify a simple normal green bird when am I going to be able to identify all the other mutations?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Herbie looks like a normal green but did you have the flash on your camera as he looks like a she does herbie have white around the nares / nostrils ?

·
5,435 Posts
Herbie is a normal light green

That was my opinion as well!! If I can't even identify a simple normal green bird when am I going to be able to identify all the other mutations?
Quite frankly, I still think he's YF2 normal sky blue. ;) His yellowing just seems too sparse and pale to be green series.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
If Herbie was adult and looked the shade he does now I would think yellow face but as he is just a baby he looks like most baby normal greens

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.