Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This beautiful lady (I assume) had landed on a tree in my garden. I'm already owned by a handsome budgie, and they have been getting along pretty well after the quarantine period.

I would like to have some help in identifying her age, sex and age if possible.

Finally, I just love this forum and I really admire the contributions in here <3

Note: I'm unable to upload the pics from my phone. However, they can be seen in the following imgur link:

- Album on Imgur

·
Administrator
56,534 Posts
You new budgie is a very handsome little male

He's either a blue pied or a mauve/violet factored pied.
He's either very young or a recessive pied because he has no iris rings.
One of our experts on mutations will be able to give you better information than I.

·
Super Moderator
18,454 Posts
It's a gorgeous little boy!
He is a sky blue (maybe sf violet), yellowface I, (opaline?) recessive pied little boy, and all the more handsome for it ;)
I would guess he's no more than 6 months old because the bars on his head are fading but he doesn't have the "grown up" look yet. The cere is of no help because as I'm almost positive he's recessive pied, his cere will stay pink his whole life.
I hope this helps, hopefully some others will pitch in! :D Congrats on the new addition!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Not all males cere's are blue :) some mutations make the cere stay a pink
If he was a female his cere would be starting to go white as it's only the females who cere turns brown, no matter the mutation :)

In conclusion:
Females - white to brown cere(but also can have light blue if out of breeding condition)
Males - blue or pink cere

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.