Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

I have come to you yet again for some expert advice on what this english guy is. I cant find any pictures of a spangle that looks like him so I hope you can tell me what you think!

His wing markings are all the same color as his body... there is no black or grey or any other color mixed in, just green. His throat spots look lighter than normal but I cant tell if its just from the spangle gene or if its something else, and he has very bright body color. I have a number of other spangles and none of them look like him,they are like the baby next to him. Even the opaline spangles have black or grey mixed with the color on their wings and head.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Oh and in case anyone was worried, the cage they are in was just my trasport cage that I took pics of them in before I moved them into a big cage that is very hard to see them clearly in :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
The... handsome kind?
I'm horrible at this stuff... sorry xD

·
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I thought that at first too but arent his throat spots too dark to be a clearwing? Every pic i have seen they have so light of throat spots you can barely notice them or they have none at all. And opalines usually have dark markings with the color too dont they? Atleast the ones I have now do. Do you think hes a opaline with just very little dark markings?

·
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
His throat spots throw me off, I cant find a pic of a opaline spangle with dark throat spots either haha. I hope they do come along soon too, thanks teisha for your guesses :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

he is an opaline spangle. sometimes the spangle markings are almost non-existant so the only thing you see is the body colour on the wings. other spangle opalines will have both the markings and the body colour, so he would look different from them but just has poor spangle markings... :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got a green opaline clearwing and she's got the same green color on her wings,but mine isn't spangle,but she s got the same wings marking,i will make some pics to compare!
clearwing spangle or opaline clearwing spangle he s very beautiful

·
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah thats what has me wondering, he does not have black throat spots they are lighter. Here are some pics that you can see them a little better, they look a little lighter in real life though.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi, just to compare green wings marking.I think she s green opaline clearwing,she has no black or grey marking on her wings or on her tail.sorry pic is not very good.

Attachments

·
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow she is very pretty! The wings do look very much the same like you thought, but his throat spots arent quite that light and she has the bright cheek patches of a clearwing too. He must just be a opaline spangle :) Maybe they are just lighter from the spangle gene?

And nefta, are you sure she is not a spangle also? Their wings look almost exactly the same to me, do you think so? You can see her better

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow she is very pretty! The wings do look very much the same like you thought, but his throat spots arent quite that light and she has the bright cheek patches of a clearwing too. He must just be a opaline spangle :) Maybe they are just lighter from the spangle gene?

And nefta, are you sure she is not a spangle also? Their wings look almost exactly the same to me, do you think so? You can see her better
hi,no she can't be a spangle,she sborn in my cage,her mum is dilute green with one dark factor,and her dad is opaline sky blue.she s got brother,I think is a cobalt greywing or full body with yellow face 2.For me she s dark green opaline clearwing,but i m not really sure?I will try to, post more pics of her familly

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi,no she can't be a spangle,she sborn in my cage,her mum is dilute green with one dark factor,and her dad is opaline sky blue.she s got brother,I think is a cobalt greywing or full body with yellow face 2.For me she s dark green opaline clearwing,but i m not really sure?I will try to, post more pics of her familly
the first one is the mum:dilute dark green(she might be carrying yf2).
the second pic,on the left the brother, i think he s greywing or fullbody cobalt yf2,and on the right her other brother dilute green.
on the third the brother again with his friend mauve.
on the fourth,the mother and the brother of my green opaline clearwing hen
on the last pics,the sister of my opaline clearwing hen,Ithink she s maybe a yellow face 2 cobalt clearwing,but i m not sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Opaline spangles have inverted wing colors - meaning you get the body color in the wing patter. This is really cool to see, but a no no on the show bench. As far as the necklace spots, again a simple case of a poorly marked spangle. A well maked spangle has a black wing pattern and bulls eye necklace spots [clear centers] (as per the written exhibition standards for this mutation).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.