Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried looking at pictures to figure out mutations and such but I haven't quite got a handle on them, nor have I seen any that look like mine. Could anyone tell me about my two guys please?
Romeo

Shakespeare:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Shakespeare is a recessive pied, and Romeo I think is a sky blue spangle. Not positive, but wait for the experts :) Romeo's wings are a little hard to see in the picture. I hope I'm right though lol! I'm trying to get better at mutations :D

Edit: Are you sure they're both boys? I remember your thread before about genders, but Romeo looks like "he" has white around his nares, so he might be a girl! But again, I'm not the best at genders :eek:.

Edit #2: I love your budgies btw :) They're sosososo beautiful! I lovee pieds and spangles :D

Edit #7810347083147103: Romeo might also be a dilute or a greywing, or both!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input! From what I can see in the lighting in my house (which is not very good lol) the rings around his nostrils are more of a light blue color. Once I get them to trust me enough I will be able to get a closer look but from pictures most have said both boys. I guess I'll find out differently if it starts turning brown lol.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The picture of Romeo is not good enough to be sure of his mutation. Could you post another picture showing his back (preferably including the tail). From what I can see in this picture he is probably cinnamon.

Shakespeare is either a double factor dominant pied or a combination of two pied types. The body colour high on his chest and the clear flight and tail feathers show the presence of dominant pied

Both birds look male to me

Edit #7810347083147103: Romeo might also be a dilute or a greywing, or both!
Budgies cannot be both greywing and dilute at the same time. Greywing is dominant to dilute

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He looks like a totally different bird in the new pictures!

He is an opaline clearwing sky blue OR possibly an opaline full body greywing sky blue. (A full body greywing is a combination of clearwing & greywing)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I forgot that the first one had flash in it. The second is no flash. Would anyone mind explaining the different mutations to me? I'm trying to learn everything I can!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.