Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my pairs.
I was just wondering what colors the babies :baby:will turn out. I would love the help cuz i know nothing of this.:nuts:

First pair...

Male:

Female:

Secound pair...

Male:

Female:

Together:

Third pair....

Together:

Male:

Female:

Thank you:)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
First pair:
Male dominant pied light green – could be a double factor dominant pied (doesn’t look old enough to breed). Need a picture of the female’s back to be sure of her mutation but I think she is an opaline dominant pied olive.
If the male is single factor you would get 50% single factor dominant pied dark greens, 25% double factor dominant pied dark greens and 25% normal dark greens. The opaline mutation would only show if the male is split for opaline. If he is double factor 50% single factor and 50% double factor dominant pieds

Second pair:
I would be dubious about breeding from a bird with a beak deformity like your male has and the female looks too young to breed. The male is a yellow face mauve (you can tell it is mauve not grey by the cheek patches) and the female is an opaline sky blue. Their chicks should be: 50% yellow face cobalt and 50% normal cobalt, The male would need an opaline gene to get opaline chicks

Your third pair both look too young to breed. The picture is not very clear but I think the male is a double factor spangle. The female is a yellow face opaline dominant pied cobalt. If the male is not split for blue the chicks will all be green. If he is split for blue you could expect 50% green, 25% blue & 25% yellow face blue. About half will be spangles and half spangle dominant pieds.

Breeding budgies of unknown genetic background will always produce some surprises because if they have genes for any recessive or sex-linked mutations these could appear

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.