Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of my 6 budgies in the aviary. I wanted all male but this one sneaked in. I think it's a hen.

Also her colouring is different to the other 2 that came with her. She has brown where the black wing markings are and she is a very muted green.

·
Registered
85 Posts
She looks like a hen to me. I don't know my cinnamons from dilutes so someone more "educated" in that dept. will have to answer the mutation question.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neither am I really. I don't know much about breeding. :eek: What would you breed her with if she were yours?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Neither am I really. I don't know much about breeding. :eek: What would you breed her with if she were yours?
Well it depends, what males do you have? You are basically limited to what you already have in mutations, but if you let us know what males you have we can give you an idea of what mutations to expect from the parings :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
She's lovely!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This is the female with one of the males that are around her age, 3 months.

And another one around the same age. 3 pictures.

My old boy Bertie and another youngster. (the one in the first picture)

My little french molt boy, titch.

The female again.

I have a normal green one too but they are all sleeping now so can't get good picture right now. If you need more let me know. Also, could you tell me if I will have problems in the aviary with one female and 5 males?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.