Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are my new budgies and I was wondering what their mutations are. I think the first one is a sky blue spangle with those cute little violet cheek patches. The second one is like a dilute but his tail is a pale sky blue while his body is more purple. The third picture is a photo of the 1st one's back (spangle) and the last picture is of both with the paler one's back showing and the spangle perching. I am new at the mutation stuff so I might be completely off. Sorry about some of the images quality its raining outside and very dreary. THANKS in advance!: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Yep,first one is a sky blue spangle not sure of the other one:eek:

It is a know for sure is sky blue with some sort of dilute,sorry!:eek:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!!!!

That was my guess but I wasn't really sure. I have kinda of settled on him being a sky blue/violet dilute if thats possible. That is what I will tell my dad who loves genetics if I don't get another answer. He will probably believe me! Thanks for confirming it about Mackay though! :)

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
The first one is a sky blue spangle. The second is a sky blue (probably violet) opaline greywing :)

Do they have yellow on their faces in real life or is that just the lighting in a couple of the pics? :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Answer

Niether one of them have yellow faces. Thanks for answering my questions on the other one!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
First cutie is a Single Factor Spangle Skyblue .
Second Cutie is a Greywing Opaline Skyblue (most probably a Sky violet, as it looks a little darker than normal skyblue greywings, but it could be the lighting)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The opaline greywing looks cobalt, not violet, to me. The greywing mutation lightens the body colour and makes cobalt look like dark sky blue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.