Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Hi !
well im not a pro or anything like that with genitics but i dear say the chicks will be

Split for pied
normal blue and some pied.

but your best bet it wait for Nev

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The hen is a normal blue and the **** is a dominant pied green.
If they are not carrying genes for other mutations their chicks should be about half dominant pied and half normal. They will all be green series unless your **** bird is split for blue

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
The hen is a normal blue and the **** is a dominant pied green.
If they are not carrying genes for other mutations their chicks should be about half dominant pied and half normal. They will all be green series unless your **** bird is split for blue
so was i right about the split?

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
very beautiful budgies..the green one is a very nice colour.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hello again. has been I while since my last visit. The pair above has now 2 eggs so far. Everything is workin fine for now except that the first egg was eaten by the birds. I touched the egg and I think that was the reason. Now I am waitin for the chicks. It will be approx. the 25 of this month for the first clutch. Will post the results then.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I hope it is split for blue. All green series would be too plain:) Dunno why but I like blue series more than any. But no matter what colour if the lil chicks will be parents they'd be split for blue, wouldn't they?

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
im surehes split for blue..what are the odds there is no blue what so ever in his family:p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow! that is a lovely shoot! Never seen a budgie drinkin water like this:) and the thing for the odd is that I too think it is split for blue and also hope for it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
evet if thats true he doesnt have any blue feather so hello to the :budgie: :budgie: :budgie: :budgie: or what:) wait n see so long as I get healthy lil chicks I wont worry anything else

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
If you want to know if the **** bird is split for blue, I think he'd have a blue suffusion (where the green is?). Can anyone confirm this as I am not sure.
You can't tell if a green bird is split for blue visually. Greens that are split look identical to greens that are not split. Hidden genes are hidden. If a green bird has blue suffusion it could be just the dark factor or it could be a violet factor

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi again,
The chicks hatched, growed and have even pics now. I didn't want to disturb the lil chicks while their first though days and neither their mother. I had chicks ending up with sprayed legs all of which I lost. Now I fear that I'll experience the same thing again.

By these pictures may you tell if they have sprayed legs or other diseases. I just wanted to know that everything worked fine in their nestbox. Or can we even tell their color? I think the father is split for blue because the biggest chick seems to be a blue series.

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
I hope it is split for blue. All green series would be too plain:) Dunno why but I like blue series more than any. But no matter what colour if the lil chicks will be parents they'd be split for blue, wouldn't they?
Yes, because the only gene the mother can pass on to them is one for blue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I checked up the legs today again as they grew a lil more since the last shot above. Its all fine now. I'll post another pic when all their colors are visible.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.