Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:tb:Seasons greetings and best wishes for 2013 to all at TB
Im asking for a bit of advice on what type/mutations my budgies could be?
We bought them from a petstore about 4 weeks ago,we noticed that the yellow one is much larger than the grey one.Apart from that we have no clue on them:eek:I posted a few pics on sexing my budgie sub forum and a few posts said they are females.I know the piccies are taken with a flash but it was getting dark,so i will get a few more taken a.s.a.p without a flash and post them.Im thinking the yellow one,who is called comet is a latino but havnt a clue about the grey one,who is called star.Knowing what type they could be would be nice.Also has anyone got any tips on getting the budgies to use the bottom of the cage as they refuse to go to it,there is a fully sand papered floor with a small scattering of grit and 4 toys,that is it and they REFUSE to go down lol.Any hints and tips would be awesome.
Thanks again xxx Vikki PS the mirror was removed weeks ago!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey there, I'm not great at mutations ( I always ask what mine are on here to confirm if I was right or not) but I'll give it a go! I also agree that they both appear to be female.
Comet is definitely a Lutino.
Star appears to be a Dominant Pied, Opaline, possibly the beginning of Yellowface I see there as well? Star is only a young bird so if she is YF it will spread more as she gets older. How blue are those patches in real life? I know cameras can wash colours out. On my monitor she looks to either be a mauve or grey.

Hopefully someone with more experience will come along and let you know for sure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ty for the quick reply Kiwifeather:D Stars colour is more grey than blue,(espcially on her belly)the flash makes it look brighter,but her back colour is slightly more bluey,but only slightly.I did notice the yellow about her beak and it seems to be spreading as she grows.
Hugs and stuff Vikki xxx

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Comet is a lutino female

Star is a type 1 yellow face recessive pied grey female

·
Registered
322 Posts
Comet is definitely a lutino, and a very pretty one at that! Star looks like a mauve recessive pied, and it looks like she's a yellow face type 1 too (because of the little bit of yellow above her cere and on her tail). Very pretty birds!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.