Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Angel in November, and I believe that he's around six months old at the moment, because he has iris's. My mutation guess is clearwing dominant pied. :S

I've had Edward since last year April, so he's probably around a year old by now. He has prominent iris's, and the flash makes his coloring appear very bright, but in real life he looks more like a violet then a skyblue. My guess is normal cobalt blue.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's grey, not mauve. It's closer to grey than it is to blue. :)

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
He looks mauve to me. His cheek patches don't look the right color to be Grey. They would be pale Violet/Grey, not bright like they are showing.
i agree id say hes mauve cause i can see that it is blueish. and yeah id say mauve clearflight dominant pied

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Dominate pied clear flight I was going to say Mauve now i'm not so sure because Mauve have Pale Purple Cheek patches and Greys have Grey/Silver cheek patches

Angels look Navy blue and no mutation has navy blue lol maybe its the flash changing the cheek patches color?

Edward is Normal Sky Blue

I got the info here

http://kathylibby.tripod.com/id2.html

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I'd say that it is mauve rather than grey too. Dominant pied and clearflight pied are two different mutations, he may be both but I wouldn't be sure. He could be just clearflight because he doesn't have a very obvious band across his lower front like a dominant pied. The amount of clear area on a clearflight can be quite variable

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm pretty sure that he's a mauve, but his cheek patches are dark navy blue. The photos made the patches seem lighter than they really are, but if you guys think he's mauve, he probably is. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.