·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Do the professionals out there know? Cuz I have no idea whatsoever. :S

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Gidds is gorgeous that's for sure. I would say he is a normal gray. He could also be a blue series bird with double factor grey or slate factors. He may be carrying opaline as well. Do you know anything about his parents or has he had chicks?

·
Born2Bfree, bred2Bcaptive
2,887 Posts
Wow, so pretty.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't know, but WOW he is STUNNING!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aww thanks everyone! :D I think it's a she though... right? Well I mean her cere is pink. We just named her Gibbs cuz that's who she reminded us of on the show NCIS. :):p Soo... grey recessive pied? Man I wish I understood all that mutation stuff! :p:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Aww thanks everyone! :D I think it's a she though... right? Well I mean her cere is pink. We just named her Gibbs cuz that's who she reminded us of on the show NCIS. :):p Soo... grey recessive pied? Man I wish I understood all that mutation stuff! :p:rolleyes:
I'll say he is a male. His cere is evenly pink. Recessive pied males always have a pink cere :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
**** omg! Are you guys sure? :eek: But he shows MAJOR interest in the other male, Ziva! He even gets mad at Ziva's mate, McGee! He pecks at her and stuff, and likes to follow and chase Ziva around. Haha wow, I am uberly shocked. :speechless-smiley-0

You guys also said my other birds, Kate and Ducky (whom I thought were both females) are both males too! Haha okay, so my flock used to be like this:
Females - McGee, Kate, Gibbs.
Males - Ziva, Ducky, Abby.

But now, I find out it's actually like this:
Females - McGee.
Males - Ziva, Kate, Ducky, Gibbs, Abby.

LOL that is so crazy! The only ones I am for sure about is Ziva and McGee - because they mated and had babies, and Abby - because his cere is really blue. My goodness. This is shocking news. :eek::p:eek: Haha taking them to the vet is the only way I can find out for sure huh? :eek:

***EDIT: I just had a thought ... I always wondered why Ducky, Kate, and Gibbs' ceres have never turned all crusty like McGee's! It's because they're males. **** *facepalm*. Maybe you guys are right! :p And that means McGee is the only female! :eek:

The guy we bought them said they were all pairs! :mad: He didn't know anything. :rolleyes: Guess we're going on a trip to the pet storeee! :D;)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I don't know his mutation, but he's adorable!!

Lol- do you have all the NCIS characters??
Sorry so late reply! :p

But yes, I have Gibbs, Ducky, Kate, Abby, Mcgee, and Ziva. We used to have Jenny and Tony, but they flew away. :( I guess we gotta buy more ... now that we know we have 5 boys and 1 girl! :eek: I'm mad at the guy we bought them from. :mad: He said they were all pairs. :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.