Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zues is 4 months old and we are still not sure about his mutation.
Here is Bell his mom is a dominant pied violet, split for recessive pied.

Piper his dad is a recessive pied, sky blue split for opaline.

Zues at 4 months

Zues at 8 weeks

·
MOTM December 2011
3,090 Posts
All I know is that the family is beautiful! Especially baby Zeus :giggle: Quite a rare mutation for me as I've never seen a violet recessive (?) pied before

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Zues is a recessive pied violet. He hasn't inherited dominant pied from his mother. He won't be opaline but there is a 50% chance that he is split for opaline

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What causes him to have very mild and diluted colors? Since his violet is a grayish blue a he has grey instead of black on his wings. Also could you have inherited dominant pied from Bell because his flight feathers are clear?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All I know is that the family is beautiful! Especially baby Zeus :giggle: Quite a rare mutation for me as I've never seen a violet recessive (?) pied before
Oh, I don't know about mutations but all your budgies are all simply beautiful, Hannah!! :loveeyes:
Zues is very beautiful! :) Very mild and pleasant colors. :love:

All three of them are GORGEOUS :D
Thanks everybody for your nice comments. I love them all dearly!!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
What causes him to have very mild and diluted colors? Since his violet is a grayish blue a he has grey instead of black on his wings. Also could you have inherited dominant pied from Bell because his flight feathers are clear?
He could be greywing as well as recessive pied.

He hasn't inherited dominant pied

·
Registered
100 Posts
He is still a baby. Baby birds have paler colours until they moult into their adult plumage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.