Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Kikorangi. He has a lovely pearly sheen colour on his cobalt chest, with his back a violet colour and behind his violet cheek patches a light violet colour. Not sure how old he is, he has white around his eyes. He is a bit on the plump side at the moment as the people fed him well. He was very hungry when they found him and they said he had grown since they found him in November - whether grown in size from a juvenille or weight gain I am not sure!

This photo was taken with a flash as I couldn't get the camera to work properly but it shows his pearly feathers!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would say normal cobalt,but maybe sky blue with violet factor?,sure it's stuning guys
Thanks - he is lovely. A real chatterbox too. Will the violet darken the sky colouring as he is definitely a cobalt colour plus ???

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He is a normal cobalt and he may have a violet factor but this is not easy to tell from photos.

Once a budgie is mature is is very difficult to tell the age but he looks very bright and healthy so he is probably not due for a pension yet

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He is a normal cobalt and he may have a violet factor but this is not easy to tell from photos.

Once a budgie is mature is is very difficult to tell the age but he looks very bright and healthy so he is probably not due for a pension yet
Thanks Neville. Yes, he doesn't look too old but isn't this year's chick! What a shame violet just doesn't show up on the cameras properly! It is such a lovely shade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.