Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi eveyrone,

I added one more little boy to my flock. His name is Koda. I fell in love with his color and I couldn't possibly leave him behind at Petsmart. I also watched him awhile and made sure he looked healthy. So far so good since he's been home. He is young but oh gosh he is acting like a teenager chasing after girls already. lol. He is very pushy and playful. I have him in a large cage with a few other young parakeets that came form the same pet store. His iris is very dark and he still has a lot of pin feathers.

Can you help me with his color mutation please? I've been reading and studying from other posts so here is my best guess at it....

Is he a yellowface type II, greywing dilute? or something else? What body color do you think he is? His color is so washed out looking but blueish green if I had to guess. :) I very much love his color. I do hope he can help me get pretty babies like him next year after he's old enough.

---- Kimberley Smith

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Sorry I am not going to help, but what I need to say is that you got a beautiful baby he is so cute, and what a nice looking little little one? Congrats for your new addition, hope you find someone to help you!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His color is really neat. It depends on how the light hits the feathers. Not much of a change but some. The same area can look more bluish than green on his back feathers if the light hits it right. :) Hopefully I'm not just seeing things. lol. But mainly his back feathers are more greenish. His belly feathers are more blueish.

---- Kimberley Smith

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
My guess is that he is a blue bird. The yellow face turns the blue into a greenish colour. Possible dilute, although a don't know much about dilute. Whatever he is he's beautiful.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Is he a yellowface type II, greywing dilute? or something else? What body color do you think he is? His color is so washed out looking but blueish green if I had to guess. :) I very much love his color. I do hope he can help me get pretty babies like him next year after he's old enough.
---- Kimberley Smith
He is a yellow face dilute sky blue. Budgies can't be both greywing and dilute because the dilute mutation is recessive to greywing. The reason his body looks slightly greenish is because the yellow from the T2 yellow face mutation has spread. To get chicks the same color as him you would have to mate him to a hen that is either dilute or split for dilute

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He is a yellow face dilute sky blue. Budgies can't be both greywing and dilute because the dilute mutation is recessive to greywing. The reason his body looks slightly greenish is because the yellow from the T2 yellow face mutation has spread. To get chicks the same color as him you would have to mate him to a hen that is either dilute or split for dilute
Thank you Nev! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.