Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have an official picture of the one I got yet, but I found something close to what he/she is. The one that looks like him/her is the one in the circle...

(Original Picture)
http://www.cool-small-pets.com/parakeet-color.html

The one I got is pretty close to the one I circled, except he/she has more of that light creamy green all over his/her body. What mutation is he/she?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very true but is it correct ? we will see :)
You can see a real picture of "her" in a new thread I made.
http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=57546

Maybe you can help me out since you seem to know about mutations.
Doesn't the color of the cere and also their "baby bars" depend on mutation?

I read that not all cere colors will be the same because the mix of so many different mutations. Everyone's saying she's a female though because the color of her cere. And what about "baby bars"? Not ALL budgies can have these, even when they're young. Right?

I'm not in denile or anything about her being a female or upset if she is a female, I'm just majorly confused about how people can assume she's a female right off the bat... Especially since this assuming is going against everything I read about budgies in books and online.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The bird in your other thread is not the same mutation as the one you have marked in this thread

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
You can see a real picture of "her" in a new thread I made.
http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=57546

Maybe you can help me out since you seem to know about mutations.
Doesn't the color of the cere and also their "baby bars" depend on mutation?

I read that not all cere colors will be the same because the mix of so many different mutations. Everyone's saying she's a female though because the color of her cere. And what about "baby bars"? Not ALL budgies can have these, even when they're young. Right?

I'm not in denile or anything about her being a female or upset if she is a female, I'm just majorly confused about how people can assume she's a female right off the bat... Especially since this assuming is going against everything I read about budgies in books and online.
All hens regardless of mutation will get a brown cere eventually. Cocks however of the recessive pied, dark-eyed clears- fallow, and lacewing do not get a blue cere like all cocks, but instead keep their baby-coloured pink/purple cere :)
The "no baby bars rule" does not apply to your budgie's mutation. The "no baby bars" rule is applicable in lutinos, albinos, dark eyed clears, DF factors and sometimes recessive pieds as well.
Your budgie is 100% female and very pretty!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bird in your other thread is not the same mutation as the one you have marked in this thread
I didn't say she was the same mutation. I said I found something "close to what she looks like". The reason why I said the one I circled in the picture looks like mine is because it has all the same exact colors as mine, and in different random patterns. The reason why mine looks different is because she's got mostly green. But you also have to remember too, the picture I took of mine is only a frontal picture of her, she looks different in the back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.