Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I know he's some kind of pied, I'm just not sure what exactly. He has a white base with yellow accents. Thanks in advance!

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,157 Posts
No idea either - I don't even know what my own budgies 'officially' called :eek: (except that he's blue! LOL)

Your bird is gorgeous though - awesome markings!!

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,157 Posts
I have no idea how I double posted then .... weird!!

Sorry about that

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all!

Dries, I appreciate the input. Here's a shot of the front of him, too, for good measure.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
It's hard to tell if he's mauve or grey because the cheek patches on recessive pieds aren't as visible as other birds. He's a YF 1 recessive pied and we can go with mauve unless you can see the cheek patches and tell if he's grey instead. :) Cute. I love recessive pieds.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
:S I thought in your newest picture he looked almost cobalt :S But he is most likely a mauve recessive pied yellow face type 1

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! Mauve sounds right. His bluish grey areas are bluer than my grey budgie, but much greyer than my cobalt budgie. What do I know, though? Either way, I'm satisfied knowing he's a YF1 recessive pied (probably mauve). ;)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, here we go! A couple more pics in natural light just for the heck of it.

Closeup of cheek:

No idea if that helps at all.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Nev is one of the most knowledgeable when it cames to mutations. Can you post pics pf the parents?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't have access to photos of the parents...it's alright, though. I'm not planning on breeding him or anything, I just made this thread for fun. Thanks again to everyone who gave their input. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.