Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if she is a dilute? Her wings have some slight color but it looks like blue outlining on the wings instead of black.Her belly is solid light blue, no white patches anywhere.
Ive been doing alot of reading and mutations are pretty confusing.Who knew there could be so many different kinds..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I think she is pretty too.I was wondering if she will change color as she gets older.The one pied I have the previous owners said she was all yellow and got the green later on so I dont know if they can change or not.
Jewel is a normal green with clearflight feathers.And Blueboy is a normal blue with white wingfeathers.So I assume they are both called normal clearflights?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Nev90, opaline greywing sky blue is quite a mouthful.I will have to write that one down or wont remember all that.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Thanks I think she is pretty too.I was wondering if she will change color as she gets older.The one pied I have the previous owners said she was all yellow and got the green later on so I dont know if they can change or not.
White face blues don't change much except some get a bit brighter. Yellow face blues often go green when they mature
Jewel is a normal green with clearflight feathers.And Blueboy is a normal blue with white wingfeathers.So I assume they are both called normal clearflights?
Either clearflight pied or dominant pied - they are two different mutations that look similar

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone.ITs so much easier when someone identifies them.I appreciate the website and while it helps I still have a hard time being certain.I thought she was a dilute but suspected greywing.Didnt think of opaline at all..Anyways now I know..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.