Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a chick which has me kinda stumped mutation wise.
I think it is a cinnamon but the only colour i can see is brown and yellow.

I managed to get a few pics but they are not that good as s/he wont stay still for 5 seconds lol

Also s/he is 29 days old and i would have thought it should have feathered up a bit more now (the others have)

His parents are
Mum - Grey Green Opaline she is crest bred (the breeder i got her from told me)

Dad - Yellow face type 1 Cobalt i don't know about any splits or anything with him

Thanks
Craig

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I've heard of a Mutation called Brown-Wing - I've not seen any good pictures of one though but from what I have read is the Brown on a brown wing is much darker than that of a Cinnamon

and yours is way darker than a cinnamon

not sure why he/she isn't feathered more than it is though.

do you by chance know what the eye color was when this one was born? The article i read said brown wings are born with red eyes like inos Then they go dark, they don't get a full iris ring either as in when they're adults they don't turn white like most adults and it's hard to see but the article said it is there its just more brown in color.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really not sure about his/her eyes when she was born i was away for the week and a friend was looking after them for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Opaline cinnamon grey green
Thanks Nev

I take it that means my YF Type 1 cobalt is also split for Opaline & Cinnamon and the chick would be female
Would it be the opaline that has darkened the brown markings???

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Thanks Nev

I take it that means my YF Type 1 cobalt is also split for Opaline & Cinnamon and the chick would be female
Would it be the opaline that has darkened the brown markings???
Yes this one is female Only because it's also cinnamon If it wouldn't be for the cinnamon it could be either male or female since mom is visually Opaline

not sure what is making the cinnamon so dark since both Cinnamon and Opaline have a tendency to lighten the colors not darken them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Age is probably wrong.
Her age is def accurate if it is wrong then it's only out by a day which i would still think she would have feathered up more by now

I am def thinking of keeping her (my sister will be so disappointed lol) she is really comical.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wanted to thank everyone again for their help with my chicks mutations and let everyone know that she has feathered up nicely now must have just been a late developer lol

My sister is still hounding me to have her but i'm still def thinking about keeping her:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you i do think she is pretty and not like any other budgie i have.

I'm just wondering if green series birds can have the YF gene (prob a stupid question) as she does have the grey/green colouring through her body but her head has stayed a bright yellow. Her dad was a YF Type 1 Cobalt

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
The yellow face gene confuses even some experts.

I'm not sure whether a visual green can have a masked yellow face gene or can be split to yellow face blue.

Perhaps you could start another thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.