Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys possibly tell me what mutation she is? I tried to get the best pics that i could, sorry they are not the greatest.

We named her Daisy!!

I tried to get a pic of her back but she wanted to face the camera the whole time.

I posted in another thread about his mutations and was told he was a
Sky Blue Dominant Pied

Also how old do you think she is?? You can see her baby bars but they are almost all faded, but her iris's are still very dark.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Your bird is a light green opaline dominant pied. Probably under 3 months old. The light bars are because of the opaline part of the mutation (they may disappear after the moult). I'm not sure of the sex because some of your pictures look like they may have been taken with a flash but the blue bird looks female and the green looks male

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is male, at least thats what everyone has told me. He doesn't have any white on his cere at all though. Here is the thread on the boy that was started before, I have some close ups of him there http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=32554

I thought girls cere's where brown/tan. Her's is very tan, no color at all in it. I think it was the flash that makes hers look different but in person it is a brown tan color.

Now I am off to read info on here mutation as I don't know anything about it. Thank You for the info I appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I will also go ahead and say Light Green Opaline Dominant Pied :)

I agree with Nev (as I've also said in your other thread) that Daisy looks like a defintie boy in those photos. Maybe you can take a few more with natural lighting and no flash?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.