Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
Hi there!

I'm by no means an expert at mutations, but I will give a guess at what her mutation is:
Sky blue YF2 opaline spangle greywing.

Don't quote me on that though. :p

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
its bit tricky... but i think skyblue, recessive pied, yellow face type 1 (YF1), and probably dilute or clearwing.

it will be interesting to see what others think.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
its bit tricky... but i think skyblue, recessive pied, yellow face type 1 (YF1), and probably dilute or clearwing.

it will be interesting to see what others think.
I agree it is a tricky one. Toni's answer is about what I would guess except that I think it would be greywing not clearwing. There is a small splash of colour high on her chest which could mean that her pied type could be double factor dominant pied or a combination of 2 pied types. Because of the dilute or greywing mutation it is hard to see what other mutations are there

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll try to take more tomorrow. Everytime I take a picture with flash on it has a orangish cast to it because of the lamp in the room.

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
What a pretty budgie. I love her soft colors.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Still can't really see her wing markings properly. Her main flight feathers are missing and if would be a big help to know whether they had any marking on them or not

I think she is a type 1 yellow face double factor dominant pied sky blue greywing but you would need breeding results to be certain

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Caspir: I chose her because of her colours. I thought that they were really pretty and soft.
@nev: Her wing are clipped unfortunately. I have noticed alittle grey on some of the long flight feathers that are left. I'll try to get a picture of them tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.