Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Could you tell me its sex and mutation, especially body colour? Is it violet factor that makes it purple? What i have learnt about violet factor so far is that it can be seen on cobalts. ???

And this one is its sibling...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I know nothing about mutations, but this has to be one of the cutest babies I've seen.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Sibling looks like a YF 2 opaline sky blue. Can you post photos of the parents?

It seems to me baby 1 has 1 dark factor and baby 2 has no dark factor. Violet factor is hard to see. If only one parent has violet factor in the single form, it will be hard to see unless on a cobalt bird. But with the cobalt baby also being greywing, violet will be hard to see. It's also difficult to see SF violet in sky blue birds. If you can post photos of the parents and maybe some of the chicks from the front where we can see the bellies, we could guess better. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Their parents are both yf type II, mom is DF spangle and dad is Greywing-skyblue-opaline.

Here is their mother. I will add photos of babies and their dad soon. Thanks for your help theasset.

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
That last picture is phenominal. If I ever get a bird looking like that I will stop getting birds. It is close to but better looking than a Rainbow.

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Oh wow your birds are stunning! Baby number 1 looks just like my Marli when she was young, but she is a yf2 so her yellow spread through her purple and muddied it as she molted her baby feathers, she is a pastel colour, either greywing or dilute I'm not sure which. What beautiful chicks! And the parents are gorgeous! I have never seen a budgie like the mother, awesome :p

Edit: I have tried editing to add a photo but can't, so I've put it in the gallery and hope the link works, it's a picture of Marli (top) and Marlow (bottom, the pied) in their adult plumage after Marli's yellow spread during her first adult molt, she was a beautiful bright lilac colour as a baby, and in person you can still see the violet factor clearly but most of it is muddied, looking at the photo I think she is a grey wing. I searched the net for a picture of a similar budgie, has amazed me to see your chick and how similar it looked to Marli as a chick :D thank you so much for sharing :D

http://talkbudgies.com/photoplog/images/18709/1_marlowmarli.png

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.