Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the pics. I know they are not the greatest. But hopefully someone can help me out. I am curious to know what the genetics and mutation are for this budgie. It is so pretty!!

He is the white and grey one with the yellow face. The body really does seem to be more grey than violet or sky. I have kept the other birds in the pics for comparison of colours. It is not really shown in the pictures, but his tail is completely white.

Thanks for any help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'm going to say Grey YF 1......Clearwing? Maybe? I'm not sure, I'm terrible at mutations

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,156 Posts
:wave: G'day ... just want to say your budgies :love: BEAUTIFUL

·
Registered
581 Posts
He's definitely a yellow face type I or II, probably II (you see the yellow tinge in the wings?) mauve or grey... I'm thinking spangle. Gorgeous bird :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!!! Very helpful! :)

Just to clarify - he's not mine (yet!), but I am thinking about getting him. We will see how it goes, there are some logistics involved (travel), so <shrug> we will wait and see.

Oh and Cailin - I think you had a very good guess!! never give up trying. The more you try, the more you will learn. And as I heard it somewhere on these forums - "Sometimes we learn more from our mistakes, than from what we get right.".... now if only I could remember who said that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.