Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I got my first budgie, Maui, I was at Petsmart looking at their budgies to see if they were healthy. I saw this one budgie who was ALL lime green! I regret not having a picture, and I wanted it so bad, but it was very inactive and ruffled, and it was missing some feathers above its cere. I don't remember what color its cheek patches were, but it was so pretty. It had dark eyes, I don't remember seeing any tinge of red in them. So I'm thinking dark eyed clear? But I don't know if it was really clear because it was neon green. Not light green, not olive, not yellow, it was NEON. But closer to yellow than green. It wasn't just a bright green. It was a bright yellow green, with no markings, no pied patches, no nothing. Just green. Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did it have a green head??
Yep! It was green all over. Completely green, I don't even remember if it had cheek patches. Maybe they were white, but I think I would have remembered. I should have gotten it :( But I think it was sick so I didn't get it, since it was going to be my first bird. It was a budgie, without a doubt :p.

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
You sure it was a budgie. I am not sure you can get an all green bird unless it was maybe a green double factor pied??? But even then I don't think that is possible. Did it have wing marking and head markings :eek:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You sure it was a budgie. I am not sure you can get an all green bird unless it was maybe a green double factor pied??? But even then I don't think that is possible. Did it have wing marking and head markings :eek:
No, it was exactly like a dark eyed clear. The only difference was that it was lime green instead of yellow. I should have taken a picture :( Or bought it :p.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think it was a budgie :S
No it was definitely a budgie. It had the cere and the beak and body shape of a budgie. Strange isn't it? I posted something on Yahoo Answers about it before I found TB. But it wasn't about the mutation, it was about whether I should get it or not lol :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe it's some kind of new mutation. It is possible to change the feather's color in specific areas, but... That's laboratory and scientific work, not breeder fetishes. In my opinion either it's not a budgie, a hand painted one or a new mutation.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe it's some kind of new mutation. It is possible to change the feather's color in specific areas, but... That's laboratory and scientific work, not breeder fetishes. In my opinion either it's not a budgie, a hand painted one or a new mutation.
Darn now I really wish I bought it :( I don't even have proof for you guys you probably think I'm nuts ****! :D

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
If you found a completely green budgie including a green head it would be worth a fortune

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Double factor pieds are yellows.

I don't think it was a budgie :S
Same...

If you found a completely green budgie including a green head it would be worth a fortune
Agreed.

Are you sure it wasnt a DF Spangle?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
It was hulk budgie.
He didn't get any millet.
HULK SMMMASSSH.

(jokes aside sounds like quite a find! pity you didn't get a photo :( )

·
PROUD country fan
734 Posts
It was hulk budgie.
HULK SMMMASSSH.

LOL:p:D

Yeah, I agree though! That sounds insanely awesome, I wish you had gotten a pic. I can't find any on google.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Maybe the lighting in the store was bluish, and changed the yellow to the neon yellow/green you describe?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Double factor pieds are yellows.

Are you sure it wasnt a DF Spangle?
It actually looked a little like that! But the lighting was different in the store :( It was very bright.

It was hulk budgie.
HULK SMMMASSSH.

LOL! :D :D :D :laughing:

LOL:p:D

Yeah, I agree though! That sounds insanely awesome, I wish you had gotten a pic. I can't find any on google.
Maybe the lighting in the store was bluish, and changed the yellow to the neon yellow/green you describe?
I don't think it was blue :( At least in the caged areas there were white lights.

Maybe the lighting made it look green ;)
I guess that's a possibility.. You know how sometimes cobalts can look purplish or bluish at different times? Maybe it was that :p.

I'm positive I'm not colorblind. This forum is blue and this face :D is green :p <-- that's purple and white.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.