Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I bought the dominant pied budgie I just recently got, I saw this little guy in the same case with her. I really fell in love with this one, but the only reason I even got a new budgie in the first place was because my mom fell in love with the dominant pied while I was just shopping for a magazine at the bird store -.-

I really love this budgie mutation though, and I can't forget it. What's it called?

Also, I take it this little guy is a male because of the blue cere, right?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*Sigh*

Well if I didn't have my strong suspicions that this was a male bird I'd go get him. I really don't want to have an opposite sex pair of budgies. Or I would have gotten him alone. Really love him. Hope to see a female of this mutation soon.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the bright side though, my new girl is turning out to be very interesting. She's such a clown :D

On top of her little chitter chatter, she's always climbing on the ceiling, playing with her toys, going through her little loops that I bought her in a very precise fashion. She also looks at me upside down through her legs and does somersaults for fun. ****. I dunno if any other budgies do somersaults for fun but mine does xD

I'm gunna have to give her a fun name :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
In the pics, the baby has white rings around the nostrils. Is there a chance the baby could be female? I just heard something about that before.

The Baby is gorgeous though! :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
My first thought was female as well, but I've has no luck with sexing budgies so don't listen to me :p

He/she sure is gorgeous though!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do white rings really mean anything? o_O
Cuz if this budgie is female I'm totally going back to the store to get "her" xD

·
Registered
882 Posts
Males often have lighter color around the nostrils too and it's hard to tell in pics if it's pure white like in hens or just a light blue/purple like in males. I don't think any of the cere looks completely white.

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
Probably male, yellow face, sky blue, and I'm gonna guess clearwing since the body color doesn't look diluted and the wing markings are so light.

http://www.***************/colorsguide.html#dilution
I agree he's male because the blue is too deep and the white nostril rings too small to be female. I also agree with yellow face type 2 clearwing sky blue (YF2 because the face is dark yellow). Nev will know for sure.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
O'well. I don't think I should take the chance anyways :)

I just hope he/she goes to a good home. And I'm definitely keeping clear wing mutations in mind for my next budgie. I love all the different mutations they can make with that mutation :D

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Yellow face type 1 Sky blue Violet Grey wing

Grey wing does not always lighten the body color

Looks female to me

keep in mind lightening and flash will make ceres darker than they really are I've taken many pictures of Known females and their ceres come out blue like a male and they're not male and its not that blue in person - just the flash and lightening distorts the colors

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, there was no flash in those pictures. Also the store was very well lit, so those pictures are at least 90% accurate.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I think he is a male (Some males have a little white like that, but not many females have that much blue at that age atleast from the pics posted, natural lighting pics are best to know for sure)

For his mutation I think sky blue, yellowface type 2, full body color greywing. A full body color greywing does not dilute the body color like a normal greywing does ;)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Then how do you tell a cearwing? If the shade of the body and the shade of the wing markings means nothing then what difference is there?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.